Howard County Gifted and Talented Orchestra Program
The 2016-2017 auditions for the MSGT Orchestra and Sinfonia will be held on September 13 and 14 at Centennial High School. The audition sign up link will be posted soon and will be live on approximately September 2. Everyone who requests and an audition by September 9 will be guaranteed an audition.
Mrs. Lather and Mr. Leung are busy planning the 2016-17 school year!
Audition dates will soon be posted.
EDMODO interactive website
Please join our EDMODO webpage. Go to EDMODO.com and look for howard county msgto. The student needs to join first and enter the code: bs54n7 That page will generate a code for parents to also join. Thank you!
HERE IS THE LINK! https://www.edmodo.com
The Howard County Gifted and Talented Orchestra Program was created to enhance the orchestral experience of our students. Each orchestra is designed to meet the needs of the student who exceeds the orchestra curriculum at their grade level. In order to be aligned with the purpose of the Gifted and Talented Program the orchestras have been named GT Sinfonia and GT Orchestra.
The Sinfonia performs music one to two grade levels above the curricular standard and the GT Orchestra performs music three or more levels above the curricular standard.
Elementary and Middle GT Sinfonia
The Sinfonia student will demonstrate:
- A high level of technique on their instrument
- A high level of musical understanding
- A high level of music reading skill
- A maturity level that will allow for successful learning in a fast paced environment
- Readiness for a rigorous orchestral experience
The Orchestra student will demonstrate:
- The highest level of technique on their instrument
- The highest level of musical understanding
- The highest level of music reading skill
- Orchestral experience
- Potential for success in a mature and challenging orchestral setting
Requirement for Checks
There is a $260 yearly fee for participation in the orchestras. Please make your check payable to HCPSS and include your child's name and school on the memo line of your check. In addition, you now must include your child's school ID.
Note: All students are assigned a student ID when they enter the school system. It is on report cards, schedules, and emergency procedure cards. If you still don't know where to get it, you can call your child's school and the staff can tell you the number.
- The Howard County Middle School GT Orchestra will rehearse on MONDAYS, 4 - 6 pm at River Hill HS
- The Howard County Middle School Sinfonia will rehearse on MONDAYS, 4 - 6 pm at Long Reach High School
Rehearsals begin promptly at 4pm; therefore you must ARRIVE NO LATER THAN ten minutes before IN ORDER TO BE IN YOUR SEAT READY FOR A DOWN BEAT!
Rehearsals end promptly at 6pm and all parents must pick up their children EXACTLY on time.